Steps For Yahoo Account Recovery
It can be rather annoying loosing the access of your Yahoo! Mail account. But if look a bit deeper, the factors responsible that caused this issue are much direr. Therefore, recovering your account right away should be your top priority. But would that be enough? Luckily, the process of account recovery is not so difficult. All you need is to have access to an alternate account, and a phone number.
Yahoo Support Ireland Presents To You With Some Easy Steps To Follow To Get The Account Access Back
If you want to recover he access to your email ID right away, make sure you have the following pre-requisites:
- Answers to the secret question.
- Your alternate username
- A registered phone number.
Once you have access to the mentioned information, you can begin the recovery of your account ID.
Follow The Given Steps Below To Fully Restore Your Access To Yahoo! Mail
- Visit the official Yahoo website
- Navigate to and click on the “Sign in Helper”.
- At this stage, the recovery process depends upon the platform you are accessing the webmail application from.
- Once you have clicked the link you received in your alternate email, you would be directed to a page where you would have to answer the secret question you put there.
- If you answer the secret key appropriately, you will be given the access back to your account.
- If not, then you would have to access the account using the method of digital signature, or OTP. For this purpose, you would have to enter your registered contact number.
- You now would receive a message in your cell phone. This message would entail a randomly generated number; this number is the One Time Password (OTP).
- Input this in the given space and you would be directed to your account.
Some of the above strides are conditional to one particular root; that you actually know your password. If you happen to not remember the pass code, then you have to go an alternate route.
Once you are done with the recovery, make sure to reset your password to a more phrase based and a less single word based. This way, you can enter all the requisite alphanumeric and special characters without forgetting it. Also, such passwords are also hard to be deduced by hackers.
Proceed With The Following Steps If You Do Not Remember Your Password
- While on the login page, click on “password helper”
- You would be directed to the same page as the ID recovery.
- Enter the information.
- Follow the steps that include: clicking on the link to your alternate email or using the one time password on your registered mobile number.
- Change your password
The two mentioned elements should be promptly recovered if you want get the access back of your account. But for future reference, it would be best if you do not just stop here, recovery is indeed good, but making the Yahoo account more protected is much better. To that end, seek the appropriate steps to do that.